With the Newspack Theme, information about the author is displayed at the bottom of each post in an author bio.
This section will display automatically for any author that text in the Biographical Info section of their profile.
Edit an Author
To edit an Author’s information, follow these steps:
- Navigate to Dashboard > Users > All Users, and click on the name of the author you would like to edit.
- To add a Biography, scroll down to the About the user section of the page, and add text to the Biographical Info field.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Update User.
If you are using the Co-Authors Plus plugin to manage Guest Authors, they can be edited by navigating to Dashboard > Users > Guest Authors, selecting the author you’d like to edit from there, and follow the steps above.
Change the Author Bio settings
By default, the Author Bio will display at the bottom of posts once an author’s Biographical Info is filled out. You can turn this off site-wide, or change some settings for how these Author Bios are displayed by following these steps:
- Navigate to Customize > Author Bio Settings.
- To hide Author Bios throughout the site, uncheck Display Author Bio.
- By default, author emails are not displayed with the Author Bios, but if they are included in their user profile (a requirement for WordPress accounts, but not mandatory for Co-Authors Plus guest accounts), you can turn them on by checking Display Author Email.
- You can change the amount of text that’s shown in an Author Bio by changing the Author Bio Length. This number represents the number of characters each Author Bio will display, roughly — a break will be added to the Author Bio, linking to their full Biographical Info on their author archive page, but it will add a break after the next complete word after the character limit.
- Lastly, you can uncheck Truncate Author Bio to always display the full Author Bio at the bottom of each post. When this option is unchecked, any simple HTML added to the Author Bio (like
<em>) will be respected.