Before Newspack can set up your staging site a backup of your current WordPress site is required. There also needs tobe a reliable backup for when it’s time to launch your new Newspack site. To facilitate this, Jetpack provides a solid backup mechanism. To set up Jetpack on your current site, follow the instructions below.
- On your current site, log in to your WordPress admin.
- Go to Plugins > Add New
- Search for “Jetpack”
- Install and activate the Jetpack plugin by Automattic
- Go to the new Jetpack dashboard area and click “Set Up Jetpack”
- Follow the instructions to connect your WordPress.com account (create an account if necessary)
- When asked to choose a plan, select Complete
- Enter the coupon code you have been given by the Newspack team
- Once the connection is complete, let your Technical Account Manager know