Newspack Campaigns is tracking crucial events in Google Analytics, using the account connected via the Site Kit plugin. The data is presented in the Campaigns Wizard, under Campaigns -> Analytics:
To view the data for a specific prompt, select one using the first select element:
On the chart, the data displayed is the number of “events”. To drill down to a specific event type, use the second select element:
The possible events are following:
- “Load” means that the prompt was loaded on the page. Compare this with “Seen” to get an idea of the prompt “viewability” – it might happen that a prompt is loaded on a lot of pages, but rarely seen due to its placement.
- “Seen” means that the prompt was actually seen by the user.
- “Link Click”. When a prompt contains a link, the clicks on it will be tracked under this metric.
- “Form Submission”. When a prompt contains a form (e.g. a newsletter subscription form), the submissions of it will be tracked under this metric.
- “Dismissal”. In case of overlay prompts, the prompt was dismissed by clicking on the close button or outside of the prompt.
- “Permanent Dismissal”. User click the “I’m not interested” button.