v1.30.2 of Newspack Newsletters contains an important bugfix for the Constant Contact ESP implementation. As part of this fix we’ve upgraded the plugin to use Constant Contact’s new v3 API, which means that if you’ve previously configured your Newspack site to use Constant Contact, you will need to reauthenticate before you can start sending emails again through Newspack Newsletters. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Log into the Constant Contact developer portal using the same credentials you use to log into the regular Constant Contact admin dashboard.
- Click New Application to create a new application. Give it a descriptive name.
- In the “Redirect URI” field, paste the following:
https://<YOUR SITE DOMAIN>/wp-admin/index.php?cc_oauth2callback=*
- Copy the API Key and then click “Generate Secret” to generate a secret token. Save both of these strings in a secure place like a password manager. You will not be able to view the secret again after this time, so make sure you save it somewhere!
- Log into your Constant Contact admin dashboard and click your name, then My Settings in the upper-right corner.
- On the Settings page, look for the “Organization Address” panel in the upper-right corner. Ensure that there is a valid physical address displayed in that panel; this is a requirement to be able to send email campaigns through Constant Contact. If not, click “Edit Address” to enter your organization’s physical address and save.
- In your site’s WP admin, go to Newsletters > Settings. Paste your API Key and Secret in the relevant fields. Overwrite your existing key as it will no longer be valid.
- Create a new Newsletter draft. In the sidebar for the newsletter, open the Newsletter Settings panel and click Authorize to begin the authentication process. Follow the steps to re-connect your site to Constant Contact. You should only have to do this once.